Kyiv, Київська, Ukraine
4 months ago
PlayQ is a rapidly growing mobile gaming company with offices based in the heart of sunny Santa Monica and city center of Kiev, Ukraine. Our titles have been downloaded over 60 million times worldwide, with millions of users playing our games every day!
Our goal is to deliver tomorrow's nostalgic game experiences to a global audience and we rely on our dedicated team to craft these unforgettable games that our users love. We believe that the best games come from diverse teams with a shared desire to create something amazing. From our beachfront headquarters to our innovative tech stack, it’s no surprise that PlayQ was named as one of the 2018 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal .
We're looking for people who have a genuine love for their craft and we invite you to join us in this exciting endeavor.
PlayQ is looking for a talented 3D Artist to join our passionate team. As the 3D Artist, you’ll join our Art Team and be responsible for creating and implementing beautiful environments and props within the Unity engine. Responsibilities in this role will range from translating concepts into stunning in-game environments to optimizations. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work with a highly skilled team bringing cutting edge visuals to a world-class IP.
- Create interiors, exteriors, in-game environment models: high, low poly modeling, hand-paint texturing, scene customization and visualization in V-ray
- Knowledge of rendering/shading, texturing and UV mapping
- Comfortable with cartoony, casual and mid-core styles
- Previous experience creating casual and/or mobile games.
- Experience working in an agile project environment.
- Skills in technical rigs and physics setups.
- A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is required.
- Proactive in learning and developing your skills.
- Ability to work with a team or independently.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- The presence in the portfolio of works in an animated style
- Ability to work with a tile system
- Confident modeling and retopology of high poly models for gaming and cinematic animation.
- Experience in creating game 3d content (props, 3d tile, characters, UI elements)
- 2+ years of experience working in 3ds Max, V-Ray
- You bring lots of experience creating appealing characters and/or environments
- You know how to create 3D distinct gameplay asset
- Skills for working with concept art, good understanding of color and composition.
- Able to proactively deliver artwork to the target device
- Have previously worked in gaming or a similar industry
- You have good communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of technical constraints, optimization, and implementation
- Skills in animation and special effects Interest in visual and interaction design
- Experience working in an agile project environment
- Experience working with Unity
- Sculpting experience in Zbrush
- Rigging and skinning casual characters
- Experience creating casual and/or mobile games
- Comprehensive medical, dental insurance
- English Classes
- Flexible time off
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- New Creative office space in the very heart of Kyiv city center.
- Monthly team outings
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!