This job might no longer be available.
Montreal QC ca
7 months ago
Concretely what does it mean to be 3D Artist at Ludia?
- Work in collaboration with the production team and the Lead Artist;
- Participate in the development of high quality environments for mobile platforms;
- Create set pieces, props, items, and other from scratch to production quality;
- Active participation to team meetings;
- Respect deadlines defined with the production team;
- Paint textures to create believable set pieces according to the style/period of the game;
- Consider technical constraints of the game;
- Optimize visual aspects of environments;
You need to have:
- A portfolio demonstrating a very strong knowledge of artistic fundamentals, visual communication and principles of design and modeling;
- Bachelor of Fine Arts or equivalent;
- 3 years or more of experience in a similar position;
- Strong knowledge of 3ds Max;
- Solid sculpting level in ZBrush
- Strong experience with maps of different textures (normal, specular, diffuse…);
- Good knowledge of UV'mapping;
- Understanding of the artistic production pipeline in video games or a related industry;
- Sense of autonomy, responsibility and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to manage production time and meet deadlines;
- Good ability to communicate effectively and professionally;
- Positive attitude and ability to give and receive constructive feedback;
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience and / or interest in Vertex Paint ;
- Experience in Substance Painter.
- Bilingualism Eng / Fr
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you?
Because we take great care of our Ludians!
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- Fridays’ 5@7 in our lounge in presence of the beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/24;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? We can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.
Ludia Inc. is one of Canada's leading mobile video game companies. Founded in Montreal 12 years ago, the company welcomes more than 300 bright and enthusiastic crew members. "Creating games that touch people" is our daily mantra. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day. As for the development of our games, we are proud to work hand in hand with awesome partners who trust us and support our creativity. Our high-quality portfolio includes original games based on internationally recognized brands such as Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, and much more.
To work at Ludia means to be part of a studio that knows how to preserve its human side, promote development and recognize the value of each of its employees. It also means to work for a studio awarded «Canada’s best game maker » by Apple, and “Best Place to Work 2018” by gamesindustry.biz !
By joining the design team of this undisclosed project, you will be part of a creative team whose mission is to bring the environment of the Disney universe to life.
The design team looks after the entire production pipeline: from concept art, to integration into the game's engine, through sculpting and 3D modeling, texturing, rigging, and animation.