1 month ago
3D Artist | Art| London | Permanent
We’re Hutch, a mobile games developer & publisher with studios in central London, Dundee and Canada. Our mission is to build the most diverse and engaged automotive gaming community on mobile. Our games have been played by over 300 million people, with new titles in development.
We believe in putting our people first. Here you can make games without sacrificing quality time with family and friends. We strive to ensure our people are happy and healthy.
Our teams are small and empowered, they have the independence to take on creative and technical challenges together, to work collaboratively, to make great games and have fun along the way.
We believe in; Looking after our people, small empowered teams, complete transparency, test, learn repeat, community at the core and the freedom to focus on what truly makes a difference to our players.
We’re driven by our players! Come and Join the mission!
We’re looking for an expert 3D Artist to join the team in London and help set the standards for 3D within the studio. You will be proficient in both high and low-poly modelling, sculpting, texturing, lighting and a general expert of 3D pipelines and practices.
Day to day you’ll be responsible for the look and feel of in-game Assets within Top Drives, Including implementation and customisation of outsourced 3d models. You’ll be comfortable working with Unity3d to take external assets and implement them in-engine, with a particular proficiency with Lighting.
In addition to practical skills, you should be able to work independently with minimal input from the AD, act on constructive criticism in a timely manner, show initiative and share your work regularly.
Here at Hutch we have small teams and like generalists who can cover a variety of tasks, a selection of which we have listed below:
- Leverage a number of different disciplines to create quality art for one of our hit games, this includes Lighting, scene composition, cameras and other cinematic techniques
- Taking the initiative with your work, using good decision making skills and communicating/sharing your work regularly with the team
- Potentially own projects outside of 3D modelling and texturing depending on the candidate
- You're creative & passionate about games with proven games industry experience
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, agile environment, with the ability to change between different art styles according to the needs of the product
- Great communication skills with a passion to share your work, techniques and mentor artists
- You know how to create polished and distinct gameplay and environment assets with a great eye for silhouette and composition
- Strong proficiency with Unity3d
- Excellent 3D skills in both high and low poly
- Experience with hard surface and organic modelling, cars, environment objects and landscape
- Texturing skills. We like to see the ability to create simple, clean looking textures without an over reliance on noise overlays or photo source
- Can demonstrate a good use of real time shaders. Familiar with setting up materials such as water, metals and vegetation
- A strong understanding of lighting principles and experience with either in-game and pre-rendered tools
- Understanding and experience in technical art and optimisation/technical constraints
- Expert knowledge of a major 3D package such as Maya, Max or Modo
Bonus Points for any of the following
- Experience with written documentation such as style guides and mood-boards
- Experience with tasks such as estimating or mentoring
- Experience with particle systems to create real time VFX eg; explosions, waterfalls, impacts and ambient environment effects
- 2D vector art, graphic design, UI
- Motion graphics / Camera work & composition
Life at Hutch
Our HQ is in the heart of Shoreditch, central London with other offices in Dundee and Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. We're an agile, creative team with people at the core of our values. We reward our employees with:
- Enhanced Maternity (18 weeks) and Paternity leave (6 weeks)
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working 2 days per week
- Excellent salaries
- Private health care
- Access to mental health initiates such as private mental health coaching
- Support to learn, develop and progress within Hutch
- Free snacks and drinks
- Lots of social events, game launch parties, Friday night drinks and much more
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Come and find out more about Hutch. We make racing games, but it’s not the only thing that drives us - https://www.hutch.io/