This job might no longer be available.
17 days ago
We are a game dev studio best known for our success with phone games such as Fruit Ninja and Jetpack Joyride. Previously headquartered in Brisbane, Halfbrick is now fully remote and present all around the world. Halfbrick is one of Australia’s longest running and most successful game developers. Our success comes from a culture that is hungry, humble, and smart.
Why you’ll love it
Our culture is a leading factor to our success and helps us to attract and retain the best talent! We foster an environment that is collaborative, fun, and creative. We focus on training and professional growth opportunities. We endorse equal opportunity employment and value diversity at Halfbrick. We’re a tight knit crew who celebrate self-expression, and hey, some perks never hurt either.
Some perks and benefits:
- Salary sacrificing.
- Career development and mentorship.
- Freedom to work on games you’re interested in.
- 100% company transparency.
- Mental health support.
- Flexible working hours.
- Part time work options.
- Fully remote working.
- We hire globally and all our opportunities are available world-wide.
- Salary reviews.
- Open management without bureaucracy.
- Charity and Meditation leave.
- Loads of social events.
- Awesome rewards and recognition opportunities.
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a 3D Artist to join our team and help create new, beautiful environments, weapons and characters to share with millions of fans around the world.
We pride ourselves on creating games that people remember for a lifetime and believe that comes from having superstar teams. We have an awesome opportunity to help us transform game entertainment through quality content and innovative ideas. We are committed to developing our employees and you will be given the opportunity to grow inside a friendly and professional team of hard-working, dedicated, and incredibly talented individuals. In return for offering us a skill set that is unmatched and a talent for what you do, you’ll be surrounded by company that is incredibly bright, supportive, and creative.
The remuneration for this role is $70,000 - $80,000 AUD depending on experience. At Halfbrick, we pay harmonise. So, it doesn’t matter where you are in the world, all of our salaries are based off of our Australian pay standards.
We are also fully remote and base our hiring decisions down to the best suited candidate – not where you live! You can join our every growing global presence!
- Deliver high quality, 3D models based on concept artwork and pre-existing art styles.
- Explore, iterate and deliver 3D models that do not have pre-existing concept artwork.
- Optimize 3D models without compromising style and quality.
- Create quality model LODs that retain visual clarity at lower poly counts.
- Quickly disseminate and adopt new processes and methodology.
- Work with and assist your peers to develop world class content, with a focus on innovation and creativity.
- Question and seek information from peers.
- Actively participate in creative meetings, contributing viable ideas.
- Constructively contribute to team culture through positive attitude.
- Articulate concepts and ideas in a clear and unambiguous way.
- Draw upon personal experience to determine best approach for task completion with an emphasis on reducing cycles of iteration and churn.
- Check own work for quality and accuracy.
- Most importantly, help create awesome games!
- Experience with Blender/3ds Max.
- The ability to model, unwrap and texture 3D models in various art styles.
- Experience with the Unity engine.
- Strong communication skills.
- The ability to rig and animate non-character models.
- Experience with creating 3D assets for VR titles.
- Experience with creating and updating Unity shaders.
- Basic understanding of game development applications such as Perforce, Jira and Miro.
The successful candidate
Perhaps you’ve spent one too many nights up late gaming… Possibly you have a vendetta for fruit… Either way, you love games and more specifically, you love our games and you want to be part of creating something special! If you think you have what it takes to raise our talent bar, then you're exactly what we're looking for.
At Halfbrick, we have an emphasis on generalists to help us reach our goals - people who are explorers and learners and have a diverse knowledge to draw from (or interested in obtaining one). We understand and appreciate specialized talent but we encourage all of our Bricks to generalize their skillset so they can collaborate effectively and see the bigger picture. And don't worry, you don't have to already be a generalist - becoming one is as easy as:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Saying yes to new opportunities
- Dabbling in different things
- Never stop improving (there's always new things to learn)
- Mind your gaps (identify what you're missing and bridge the gaps)