6 days ago
Working at Branch:
Branch is building Castaways, the fastest growing game in web3. Working at Branch means you will be a part of a revolution in gaming and will be able to:
1. Provide the world with instant drop-in gameplay on web, desktop, and mobile.
2. Bridge the divide between web2 and web3 games and onboard millions to web3 through gaming.
3. Be part of an extremely passionate, bright, and dedicated team.
4. Have a lot of fun building games!
You would be a great fit at Branch if you have a background in the realm of startups and gaming and share an interest in web3. You thrive when working in a fast paced and high growth environment. You take great pride in your work. You consider games an art and a hobby, not just a job.
As a 3D artist, you will create production ready 3D models for use in the Castaways game while undergoing the technical constraints such as poly counts and texture memory limits that are brought with the web.
What you’ll be doing:
- Translate concept art of characters and environments into efficient and polished 3D models.
- Create detailed 3D assets using modeling, sculpting, and texturing skills.
- Communicate updates and concerns with team members, both developers, and designers.
- Create unique designs within a production schedule.
- Interpret and push concept designs to the next level while taking into account technical and design constraints such as draw calls, poly counts, texture memory limits, and gameplay boundaries.
- Be willing to iterate to find the best solution and artistic direction possible.
You're a great fit if you have:
- Extensive experience building and modeling environments, characters, creatures, and props across a wide range of styles.
- Proven experience working closely with developers.
- Knowledge in skills such as modeling, texturing, lighting, animation, physics, and particle systems.
- 3+ years of experience in translating concept art into polished 3D models.
- Experience developing with Unity at a high level
- Solid understanding of one or more 3D creation suites (Maya, Blender, etc).
- Strong communication skills.
- Quick learner and self-starter with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
Salary Range: $80,000 - $150,000
Equity Compensation: Up to 1%
1. Work in our inspiring Seattle office or Remote.
2. Platinum tier health, dental, and vision insurance 100% paid for by us for you and your dependents.
3. Unlimited paid time off and sick leave policies.
4. 401(k) with employer matching.
Branch is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Branch considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Branch is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.