Vancouver, BC, Canada
7 days ago
Blackbird Interactive is looking for a 3D artist to join our team. You'll model and texture characters AND get the opportunity to build key structures for a fun stylized new game. If you like bringing life to new characters and building key pieces for games, this is the position for you!
- Create 3D models, shaders and texture maps, to match concepts, art direction and design.
- Works closely with concept artists to keep quality and style consistent across all character models.
- Adapt work methods to the project pipeline to meet technical constraints.
- Stay up to date on best practices in the video game industry, work to integrate them into the project.
- Work on tasks with clear direction, with and without supervision.
- 3+ years of gameplay development.
- Experienced with Photoshop.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency with Maya.
- Knowledge of game art asset implementation.
- Understanding of creating textures for a PBR lighting model.
- Proven capability to work on multidisciplinary project teams, able to handle changing priorities throughout a product life cycle.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience playing modern RTS games such as Starcraft and Company of Heroes, as well as MOBA's like League of Legends.
- Demonstrated passion for entertainment products / media (i.e. comics, movies, novels, etc.).
- Knowledgeable of Substance Designer and Painter.
- Pixel art experience.
At Blackbird, we're all about being true to our roots. We started small in our CEO's garage, and even though we're expanding, our desire is to stick to that foundation of creativity, community, and collaboration. Our team has proved that great ideas can come from any position in any discipline, so it's important to us to make sure every voice is heard.
Work/life balance is extremely important to us, and we've demonstrated that over the years by severely limiting over-time requirements. We want people to be happy about coming to work every day, and to that end we offer lots of opportunities for growth and development--whether it's lunch and learns, team events, or our generous vacation days, paid holiday closure and flexible schedules. We also try to provide every opportunity possible for our employees to spearhead R&D initiatives through our BlackOps program. In short, don't expect to feel like a cog in a machine working for BBI.
Must be eligible and available for Full Time & On-site work in Vancouver, BC.
Please send a cover letter with your resume and application. If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
Blackbird Interactive is committed to diversity and building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.