3D Artist Vegetation
5 days ago
As a vegetation artist at Ubi Quebec, you will produce all sorts of visual elements related to the natural environment. You will use your artistic and technical talents to create the objects that will make up the entire biome of the game. You regularly seek the advice of your colleagues to refine your art and develop a solid foundation.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with the art and storytelling teams to understand the creative and artistic visions of the game;
- Create and refine your models through the 3D pipeline (modeling, sculpting, texture creation, retopology, UV unfolding, etc.);
- Find the balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints in order to combine aesthetics and technique;
- Adapt your work based on feedback from development testers and collaborating teams;
- Participate in the development of procedural systems used to apply vegetation to the overall game.
What you bring
- A degree in 3D modeling, fine arts, or equivalent;
- Experience in modeling and texture creation (or other relevant experience);
- Strong understanding of 2D art tools (e.g. Photoshop) and 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max, Maya, Substance Painter, ZBrush, Substance designer, Speed tree) *
- Thorough knowledge of topology, materials, textures, silhouette, and game-related limitations (number of polygons, memory, etc.);
- A creative, collaborative and innovative mindset;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Motivation to seek input from colleagues and the ability to adapt to them.
*Knowledge of 3D scanning and optimization techniques will be an asset! Skills and knowledge come in many forms and can be based on relevant experience, so we strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet all the requirements listed above.
What to send our way
- Your resume highlighting your education, your experiences and your skills;
- A portfolio of your best achievements in 3D modeling! Attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio.
Working at Ubisoft means
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer, where diversity is a priority. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or health status.
With a team of more than 500 creative, passionate and innovative talents, Ubisoft Quebec continues to grow and expand. Founded in 2005, the Quebec City studio has carved out a place for itself among the leaders in the video game industry. Involved in several of Ubisoft's flagship franchises, it has acquired solid expertise, positioning it in the development of major AAA games. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec City team has assumed leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Immortals Fenyx Rising as well as the new crossover stories of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Valhalla.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.