3D Artist - Stellaris
11 days ago
Paradox Development Studio makes world- leading grand strategy games that our fans spend hundreds of hours in, and our artists make sure we do it in style! We are now looking for a creative 3D Artist to develop ships and other 3D Assets in our Stellaris art team!
We are open to applicants from a broad range of levels of game industry experience and we strive to create and maintain a diverse workplace, therefore we encourage everyone to apply!
About the role:
You will work collaboratively with our art team to develop and refine the art style, texture and richness of the Stellaris game, through thoroughly researched, richly detailed and extensively iterated 3D art with a focus on spaceships and hard surface. The role also involves creating additional 3D art for our games as needed, such as space creatures, space stations and marketing materials. You will articulate and contextualize your decisions and communicate your ideas in English, as it is our company language.
You will also take part in visual development and style guide work, while helping the Art Director & Producer with task estimates if needed, and participate in feedback sessions with your fellow artists.
- 3+ years of experience in 3D Art for in-game purposes - both for hard- and soft surface.
- Prestigeless when giving and receiving feedback from leads or peers, and having no issues taking up another artist’s task or putting down your own work to let others finish it
- Solid understanding of 3D art fundamentals: Anatomy, Composition, Lighting, Material Expression, Color Use, etc and skilled in Photoshop,
- Strong creative process to translate gameplay requirements into visual designs: information gathering, research, thumbnailing, detailing, and iterations.
- A passion or liking for Sci-fi, Strategy games, and desirably our game Stellaris
- Familiarity with tools such as ZBrush, Blender, Maya &, Keyshot, Octane or 3D Coat would be a bonus but not essential.
It’s important that you enjoy working in a team where everyone supports each other, and that you are motivated by having the creative freedom and responsibility to take charge of a task and deliver. You care about quality and you’re motivated by the idea of our many fans around the world interacting with your work.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to perform a art test.
Scope: Fulltime and permanent
Reports to: Art Manager
This position is based in the Stockholm office with 2 days optional "Work from home" per week.
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.