3D Artist - SUMO LEAMINGTON SPA
Sumo Leamington Spa
7 days ago
Founded in early 2019, Sumo Leamington is the most recent member of the award-winning Sumo Digital family. We’re one of Sumo’s seven game development studios located across the UK and India, and we have an immediate goal of building an industry-leading team here in Royal Leamington Spa.
Managed by industry veterans with ground-breaking titles under their belts, the studio needs to hire the right colleagues to meet our exciting objectives. Whether you’re an industry veteran or straight out of university, we could have a career-defining role for you. If you want to create great games that people will play for years to come, and be there at the beginning of something we know will be truly special, join our team. We look forward to speaking with you!
Within this role you will:
- Create stunning 3D models and 2D assets for all our mobile titles. Including characters, props and environments.
- Create supporting assets such as animations and visual effects where needed.
- Explore, assemble and discuss visual material to define and improve the visual style and contents of the game.
- Support and document game assets, creation, specifications to ensure consistency with the entire art team.
- Consider the design and gameplay implications of the artwork created and the overall player experience.
- Always thinking about how we can be better.
We need you to have:
- Expert knowledge of 3D packages (Maya preferred, 3DsMax, Modo etc).
- A core understanding of mobile focused development to create low and high-polygon models and textures. (Animations, Rigging and Skinning is a bonus).
- Ability to create different texture styles including hand-painted, photorealism or vectors.
- Knowledge of visual properties such as surfaces, reflections, lighting includes in-depth knowledge of shaders and materials are a bonus.
- Familiar with mobile game engines and the performance constraints of modern mobile devices.
- Can do attitude with confidence in your ability to work to a design spec / brief whilst be able to use your own intuition to fill in the gaps.
- An open approach to collaboration and feedback from others.
- Excellent communication skills never afraid to ask questions.
As part of the Sumo Digital family, we’re able to offer a super benefits package including generous holidays and flexible working hours. Further perks include our legendary annual Sumo Big Day Out, plus epic Christmas parties, vouchers on your birthday and free fruit for everyone! Our new, regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - staff spend a full day developing and pitching their own game ideas for possible development by Sumo (this led to the recently released Snake Pass, so it’s a genuine commitment to allowing staff to pitch ideas upwards to the highest levels).
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We’re in the amazing position of building a brand new team, and creating a studio culture that’s all about passion, respect, diversity, fun and togetherness. We’re looking for people that love what they do and love to share their enthusiasm with each other.