This position is paid internship (part-time), immediate start, and minimum for 12 weeks!
Located in Southern California, GungHo Online Entertainment America Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of the Japanese game company GungHo Online Entertainment, Inc. Publishing titles across multiple platforms ranging from console to handheld to mobile, our group is comprised of veterans from various aspects of the industry who are brought together by one simple thing: a love of gaming.
During this Covid-19 pandemic, we are following CA State and LA county orders and temporary working from home. Candidates may apply and work remotely at this time, but will be expected to move to Los Angeles at such a time when it is deemed safe and permissible by CA State and LA county.
The 3D Artist intern will be responsible for creating 3D Models and scenes for our game. The 3D Artist will be responsible for understanding the tools and techniques at our disposal and creating the best looking models and scenes possible.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create 3d models based on concept art or other specifications.
- Setting up scenes and lighting using the specified game engine.
- Work with other artists, game designers, and programmers to make sure that art assets not only look good but are performant and according to the game specifications.
- Help out with animation, particle effects, or video editing depending on the skill set of the art director.
- Work with developers of other discipline to make sure that the art supports the game as a whole.
- Help out with design, or testing when necessary.
- Perform special projects and other miscellaneous duties that are assigned by upper management.
- Test prototypes of future game titles to provide constructive feedback.
- Engage with co-workers in the conceptual design phase and meet regularly to ensure that everyone is on the same page.
- Present wireframes and mock ups of the UI/UX to the team for constructive feedback
Qualifications and desired experience:
- Intensive experience working with game engines
- Good foundation in art and design
- Fluent with Photoshop and ability to paint textures
- Fluent with 3d modeling
- Familiarity with animation is a plus
- Experience setting up 3d scenes and lighting required
- Illustrator experience is a plus
- Experience working with particle effects is a plus
- Experience editing video is a plus
- Experience with Unreal Engine is a plus
- Able to communicate effectively about art and design in English
- Ability to apply common understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to analyze information and solve problems on a complex level in various situations
- Must be tactful, mature, and flexible
- Must have the ability to review, assess, and understand design documents, drawings, and other documents with no advance exposure and then engage in discussions internally and with other parties involved in the project
- Must be able to sketch out ideas and concepts
- Must be able to use a computer and applications such as Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel
- Basic math skills necessary for the position
Why you want to work here:
At GungHo, we’re enthusiastic about creating fun games and we’re always looking for talented individuals with whom we can share our passion. We have a highly collaborative and playful culture where everyone wants to work together to get things done. We are all specialists in our own field so you will constantly learn new things while sharing your own knowledge with us.