3D Artist New World
14 days ago
Amazon Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled 3D Artist to join our New World team in Sunny Irvine, CA. In New World, players will fight for survival as they explore and conquer the mysterious island of Aeternum. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of delivering world class 3D models for video games with experience creating weapons, apparel and props. Your broad experience with game development and 3d pipeline will help you develop flexible 3D assets to make new weapons from scratch and by kitbashing existing 3d models with new materials. You will work collaboratively with the Concept and Character teams to design and provide awesome weapons and gear for in-game rewards.
· Translate 2D concepts and reference material into high quality 3D models with textures
· Create both high-poly and game ready assets with textures
· Must have an understanding of real-time shader development
· Excel at consistent aesthetic and technical quality throughout the asset pipeline.
· Optimize Assets for performance and memory.
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· 4+ years’ experience in the game industry with at least 1 shipped AAA title or equivalent work in a related field.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Art or in related field
· Online Portfolio demonstrating hard-surface and organic modeling, material and lighting skills as well as foundational skills in composition, design, and color theory.
· Highly Proficient in major 2D and 3D software packages (Max/Maya and Zbrush/Mudbox, Substance, Photoshop, Houdini)
· Expert knowledge of at least one Game Engine (CryEngine, Unreal, or equivalent)
· Ability to work creatively as part of a larger group of artists, game designers and engineers
· Proven problem-solving / prototyping ability
· Rig and implement assets into the game.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.