3D Artist - Contract
Los Angeles California United States
15 days ago
We are DICE Los Angeles
DICE LA was founded in 2013 with a mission to create outstanding entertainment, and to do so in a manner that is different from the industry. We want to make great games and be great at making games.
What does that mean to you as a developer?
It means that you will have a creative stake in everything you do. We believe that we are all game makers, and everyone at our studio contributes to the goal of making amazing game experiences, regardless of role or title. We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career. We also firmly believe that we are at our best when we have the proper balance between work and life. To support this balance, we nurture a culture that aims to reach the highest productivity without crunch, and by making smart decisions when it comes to how we work and plan. Having a positive, inclusive studio culture is of extreme importance to us.
Our games reflect the means by which they are created. Games that are crafted in an inspiring atmosphere, with creativity, artistry and technology as their backbone, will capture the imagination of gamers around the world.
We are looking for experienced developers like you, to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to enhance ourselves and our craft.
We are looking for a contract 3D Artist who is eager to join us in our desire to push visual quality to the next level.
As a contract 3D Artist you will be responsible for creating assets that enhance the art direction and overall vision of the game.
- Model props, buildings, foliage, etc.
- Rework geometry and textures of existing assets
- Create clean game topology, UV’s and textures
- Implement 3D assets into game engine
- Create LOD’s and destruction states
Skills We Look For:
- Ability to create both hard surface and organic models with a high level of realism
- Excellent Maya or similar 3D modeling software
- Superior eye for lighting, color, composition and detail
- Ability to work within memory and performance constraints while maintaining high visual quality
- Previous game production experience
- Self-motivation and the ability to collaborate within a team
- Strong planning and prioritization skills
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical skills exercise. Apply online with a combined resume AND portfolio.