3D Art Generalist
5 days ago
From the beginning of your journey with us you will:
- Model 3D assets such as buildings, foliage, environment, and props while maintaining and pushing Gameloft's high-quality standards.
- Create high-quality textures within the resolution limits.
- Collaborate with other teams and report to the 3D Lead/Lead Artist/Producer for tasks, updates, revisions, content pipeline/workflow, training, and creative ideas.
- Demonstrate independence, creativity, and the ability to learn and apply artistic/IP/licensing guidelines.
- Take complete ownership of your 3D tasks and be able to problem-solve and model a 3D asset from a 2D concept.
- Work with other production artists, designers, and developers to ensure that 3D assets are optimized and game ready.
- Test your assets in the engine (Unity) and fix any related bugs.
- Proactively communicate and coordinate tasks with the team members before and after you finish your tasks in the content pipeline (in person/chat/email).
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about 3D Art and games.
- Updated portfolio showcasing a wide range of stylized environmental art (sculpts and game-ready meshes) demonstrating a solid understanding of composition, staging, mesh economy and optimization with a focus on polished presentation.
- Proficient in Blender (preferred)
- Good knowledge of 3DS Max or Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter, and Photoshop.
- 3-5 years of professional experience creating 3D assets in the games industry, preferably.
- Strong knowledge in high-poly and low-poly modelling and various texturing workflows focusing on hand-painted textures.
- Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills; you are proactive and capable of working under minimal supervision.
- Academic background in Arts, Fine Arts, 3D Arts or equivalent training.
What we offer:
- Hybrid-Work approach for a work-life balance
- Flexible working hours to suit your schedule
- 3 weeks of vacation
- 7 annual personal days
- AnnualHealthcare and Lifestyle spending account
- Health insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program; because sometimes we need a helping hand
- Social Club events with awesome prizes and giveaways
- RRSP matching program
- Mentorship program and Training Subsidies to help you strengthen your skills or learn something new
- Dog-friendly studio
Why join the Gameloft universe?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
- Please submit your CV, cover letter and portfolio.
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.
Gameloft Toronto is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment. Gameloft Toronto welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
3D Generalist Artist at Gameloft Toronto
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work? #Jointhegame
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the "Top 10 Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads" from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.