3D Art Generalist (Mid-Level) - Hearthstone
10 days ago
Job Title:3D Art Generalist (Mid-Level) - Hearthstone
Pull up a chair and join us by the hearth! The Hearthstone team is looking for a 3D Art Generalist to join our team! This individual’s range of skills and creativity will help continue to add quality art to Hearthstone and build on the handcrafted and illustrative feel the game is known for.
We’re looking for a highly motivated 3d generalist who can generate production elements using their strong modeling and texturing skills in combination with the FX and animation needed to deliver a polished player experience. You will apply and grow your diverse skill set to author new assets, problem-solve, and combine existing elements into assets that are both beautiful and performant.
Are you the type who wishes to be a part of a small, close-knit team of creatives whose greatest dream is to make valuable contributions to a game you feel passionately about? Then we want to talk with you!
- Craft and implement 3D models, VFX, and animation for functionality throughout the game including: game boards, card packs, card backs, menu’s, and diamond cards; all in the fun/whimsical style that is synonymous with Hearthstone’s take on the World of Warcraft
- Work alongside multiple disciplines to maintain a consistent and always improving aesthetic across all 3d assets in the game
- Develop relationships with the design, engineering, production, UI, and QA teams to help maintain a “Gameplay First” approach to game development
- Own and maintain 3D artwork in-engine using Unity, Maya, Photoshop and Perforce
- Ingest assets from outsource partners
- Enhance the player experience using animation and FX
- Proven ability to model and texture high quality, performant 3d assets
- In-depth knowledge of core visual principles including form, composition, lighting, color and how they relate specifically to game development
- Internally motivated, self-starter with a strong desire to work within a team and an eagerness to consistently learn and grow
- Understanding of creating high quality, performant assets on a budget
- The ability to thrive in an iterative environment built on giving and receiving constructive & actionable feedback
- Understanding of state machines
- Understanding of Unity’s component-based architecture
- Deep understanding of the Unity3D engine
- Previous experience with Playmaker and its various components
- Experience using Maya in development
- Ability to create hand painted textures
- Parallel skills or an active interest in the arts including sculpture, animation, figure drawing, illustration, or similar
- Passion for crafting charming and light-hearted imagery and a love of the Hearthstone aesthetic
- Previous game production experience
- Technical skills such as rigging or shader work, or similar experience that allows for heightened problem solving and a deeper understanding of the pipeline and tools
- Previous experience in visual FX or animation
- A portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills is required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.