18 days ago
As a 3D Animator at Ubi Qc, you are responsible for creating high-quality animations for a game following a style that allows players to fully immerse themselves in a perfectly coherent and convincing world.
Whether you animate a hero or a monster, a crowd or an object, you always think about the intention of the movement and the behavior of the subject. Your're concerned with defining how each piece fits into the whole game. When you look at the final product and you see that the months of work on mecanics and decision-making merge into a work of art that brings a beautiful new world to life.
Teamwork is essential to get to this point. As an animator, you see in every movement of a person a hidden story. You collaborate with artists, designers, programmers and other animators, all of whom have opinions, ideas and constraints, but who all share the common goal of representing an authentic universe that stands out from a unique flavor.
What you’ll do
- Learn and apply the project style and qualitative objectives;
- Participate in the evolution and implementation of style and animations in all facets of the game;
- Work within a group of facilitators to cultivate style, but also vary groups to serve and enhance the gaming experience;
- Would work closely or indirectly on the implementation of animation in the game.
Then, according to the stage of production
- Prototyping animation, animation blocking, key framing, mocap editing;
- Test your animations in their context of games and iteration of its latest;
- Troublshoot your animations and their implementations;
- Evolve your animations to the maximum of their potential.
What you bring
- Experience in animation in video games, or the equivalent;
- Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of visuals;
- Experience with animation software such as Motion Builder or Maya;
- You love pushing the envelope, but you also understand the demands cohesive teamwork.
What to send our way
- Your resume highlighting your education, experience, and skills;
- Your demo.
Working at Ubisoft means
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer, where diversity is a priority. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or health status.
Founded in 2005 and with a team of over 600 creative, passionate and innovative talents, Ubisoft Quebec is now one of the leaders in the industry. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, our studio assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey as well as Immortals Fenyx Rising, and is now developing Assassin's Creed Codename RED.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.