Milan Lombardy it
19 days ago
Ubisoft Milan is looking for a talented 3D Animator to be involved in the production of a prestigious triple-A title.
S/He is responsible for the development of the animations using the characters and objects to construct the animated scenes of the game.
- Deliver high quality animations fitting within the constraints of the game engine and in respect with the schedule and the priorities established;
- Give life to our beloved characters creating high quality keyframe animations for bipeds and quadrupeds, taking particular attention to their personalities and movements.
- Interact with the other departments to better know the game engine possibilities in order to integrate the work into the game and verifying that all the elements interact properly;
- Continuously push the quality of the animations to the highest level;
- Interact with artists and leads to communicate any risks relating to animation.
- proficiency in Autodesk® Maya® and/or other 3D animation tools;
- previous experience as 3D Animator;
- excellent knowledge of classic animation principles and fundamentals such as staging, squash and stretch, timing, anticipation, follow through, exaggeration, arcs, etc.;
- ability to animate the human form, giving the character weight, personality, mood and believability;
- awareness of technical hurdles related to real-time and gameplay animation;
- strong creative talent within technical constraints and scheduling;
- good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- written and spoken English.
- passion and enthusiasm for videogames;
- knowledge of drawing and traditional animation;
- knowledge of the technical aspects of rigging and skinning characters for animation;
- basic knowledge of camera movement (film direction), animation layout and storytelling;
- scripting skills.
In order to consider your application, please send us a link to your portfolio/showreel.
The position is based in Milan (Italy) and requires working onsite.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.