San Francisco CA us
11 days ago
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
When you’re a 3D Animator at Ubi San Francisco, you are responsible for a game’s polished, harmonious animation, which allows players to fully immerse themselves in a world that is stylistically believable and consistent.
Whether you’re animating for a hero or a monster, for a crowd or an object, you are always thinking of the movement’s intention and the subject’s behaviour, and of how this one tiny part fits into the larger picture of the game. All your efforts gain their meaning when you take a step back, see the finished product and feel the months of mechanics and decision-making dissolve to reveal a piece of art that brings a new, beautiful world to life.
You understand that teamwork is essential to reach that point. As an individual, you see a hidden story in the way a person moves; you tend to deconstruct the world around you into smaller parts that you then build back up. As a teammate, you pride yourself on your attention to detail, your organizational and communication skills, and your adaptability to change. You collaborate with artists, designers, programmers, leads and other animators, all of whom have opinions, ideas and constraints, but all of whom are committed to the unified goal of authentically portraying the universe with a certain flair.
The daily life of a 3D Animator at Ubi San Francisco
- Sync the engine and the build to ensure you’re working with the latest code and animations
- Check in with your lead and your team to update
- Prototyping, key framing, or blocking an animation
- Working on your animations, of course, from scratch or from mo-cap
- Testing your animations and validating your designs
- Problem-solving your animations
- Polishing your animations
- Read the latest relevant academic literature in order to stay at the forefront of your field
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- At least three years of experience in video game animation or equivalent
- Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of visuals
- Experience with animation software such as Motion Builder, 3ds Max or Maya
- You love pushing the envelope and understand a collaborative environment
- Create high quality 3D animations for humans, animals and creatures
- Deliver high quality hand key and motion capture enhanced animations for body and face within complex animation systems
- R&D relevant technologies and best practices to support the animation pipelines
- Prototype new features in the engine
- Verify in-game animation quality with the Art and Animation Directors and adapt according to feedback
- Collaborate with Technical Artists to design custom rigs and skeletons
- Work with Art Director, Animation Director and Lead Artists to understand the high quality objectives and ensure animation style consistency across the game.
- Provide accurate time estimates for tasks and meet production deadlines
- Able to meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision
- Open to receive and act on constructive feedback
- A passion for gaming and for making games, playing current titles and keeping abreast of industry trends
- Excellent work ethic and attention to detail
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Fitness, physical, and esports challenge reimbursements
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after five years of employment
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status and will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is composed of over 17,000 talented people located in 40+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.
To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing studio in San Francisco.