Reporting to the Lead Animator and Art Director, you will be working collaboratively with the production to help create in-game and cinematic animations. Your main responsibilities will be creating animation for characters, clothing, and props for a wide range of subject matter and styles.
The 3D Animator is able to maintain and manage high levels of quality while working in a rapid, rigorous and timely manner; and has a strong understanding of traditional animation fundamentals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Create high-quality animations for a diverse range of subjects, including bipeds, quadrupeds, and monsters in real time and/or pre-rendered cinematics.
- Apply your knowledge of optimization techniques and be a strong keyframe animator with a keen eye for detail
- Understand the animation pipeline and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation
- Work with the art team to ensure timely completion of assets while communicating regularly with Lead Animator regarding the status of current tasks; obtains Lead Animator’s guidance and approval as required to advance tasks, project initiatives, and milestones.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related as assigned
- Refining personal artistic abilities and knowledge of new software packages and in-house tools constantly.
- Refining artistic abilities and stay up to date with new software packages and / or in-house tools continuously.
- Familiarizing and learning to use proprietary technologies or software necessary.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 and able to adapt to custom game engines.
- Experience with animation software such as 3ds Max, Maya, and Motion Builder.
- Strong foundation and understanding of traditional animation principles, including weight, anatomy, anticipation, and impact.
- Experience or knowledge of the latest game development pipeline
- Self-motivated, great team-player, and able to effectively collaborate with game artists, programmers and the production team.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of cinematography
- MEL scripting experience
- Basic skills in 3D modelling
- Knowledge of rigging and skinning techniques
- Love playing video games!
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Note: By submitting your application, you confirm that you have read and understood the Personal Data Protection Notice and consent to the processing of your personal data by Streamline.