3D Animator - Lakshya Digital
6 days ago
Lakshya, a Keywords Studios Company in India is headquartered in Gurgaon and has a team of over 600 employees spread across studio facilities in Gurgaon, Pune, Bengaluru and Seattle, and sales offices in San Diego and Tokyo. Setup in 2004, Lakshya has, over the last 17 years, created a reputation in the game development industry for being a highly talented and dependable game art studio. During this time, Lakshya has created art for over a hundred plus game titles, including hugely successful global hits such as Elden Ring, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Returnal, Halo Infinite, Diablo II, Borderlands 3, Mircosoft Flight Simulator, Forza Horizon 5, No More Heroes III and WWE2k22. Lakshya’s senior team, which comprises of top-notch International and Indian talent, has a huge amount of experience of creating art for different game platforms and genres. Lakshya blends artistic creativity with strong process orientation to deliver best in class services. Lakshya works closely with NASSCOM to help in the growth of the game development eco-system in India. For more info please refer to https://lakshyadigital.com/ & https://www.linkedin.com/company/69023/ .
We are looking for an entry level to mid Level 3D Animators to Join our Team in Gurgaon, Pune, or Bangalore.
Create animations as per client’s specifications and quality requirements within the budgeted time and effort. This could involve creating animations from scratch or cleanup and processing of high quality 3d motion capture data. Efficiently plan work and ensure that all relevant information regarding the task is collected and is readily available before commencing work. Create tasks with zero defects and in the most efficient manner, and as per plan. Diligently follow organizational best practices and mandated processes. Ensure that they communicate questions, challenges, work status and new learnings to Leads, PMs and project team members appropriately and on time. Contribute to the success of the project by performing own role well, and proactively helping other team members.
Note: Candidates who are residing in Rajasthan and are available to meet us on 16th July at Hotel Clarks Amer, Jaipur for the Recruitment Fair can apply for the role.
1. Study the task specifications and client brief thoroughly before initiating estimation or commencing work on tasks. Understand the information provided and highlight to the Lead any missing or contradictory information.
2. Provide a list of queries to the Lead to seek clarification on the task allocated. Ensure that maximum clarity is achieved regarding the specifications, art direction and approach for a task before commencing work on it.
3. Work closely with the Lead to arrive at appropriate effort estimates for tasks.
4. Ensure that there is no ambiguity or confusion regarding any aspect (specifications, timelines etc.) of the task in hand. Should not make any unwarranted assumptions. Should red flag to the Lead/sub-Lead any confusion or ambiguity.
5. Before commencing work on the task, ensure that there is clear identification of the approach to be taken to create the task as well as daily work completion targets and the same have been discussed with the Lead/sub-Lead before finalization.
6. Collect adequate and appropriate references before commencing work.
7. Create animations from scratch OR cleanup and process high quality 3d motion capture data. 8. If required, carry out any post-production processes that may be required. This could include activities such as making animations game-engine ready and checking them in the engine.
9. Provide daily update of task status to Lead/sub-Lead.
10. Proactively solve artistic and technical problems encountered while working on a task. Discuss such solutions with Lead/sub-Lead before implementing them. Red-flag unsolved problems in a timely manner.
11. Maintain and improve own productivity by completing work within the time allocated. This includes art tasks taken to completion or to a predetermined point where it is to be handed over to a polishing artist.
12. Adopt organization mandated Best Practices and Work Processes while working on a task.
13. Deliver high quality work with zero QC errors and resulting in minimal iteration. Diligently check task against checklist to ensure that the task complies with all specifications.
a. Skilled at using industry standard software such as Maya, 3D Studio Max Motion Builder etc.
b. Skilled at cleaning up and processing high quality Mocap data.
c. Proficient in creating human and creature animations
d. Knowledge of traditional animation fundamentals
e. Good knowledge of game art creation pipeline
f. 0-4 years of experience as a game animator.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- We offer the opportunity to work on some of the best-known game titles in the world.
- We offer competitive salaries and annual performance-based bonuses.
- Experienced artists may get the opportunity to work remotely
- We offer generous paid time off. You get 26 Annual leaves and additional paid time off at the year-end (from 25th December to 1st January).
- We cover Term Insurance and Personal accidental insurance for you.
- Benefit from our free Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental and emotional wellbeing.
- You can also avail our Special Education Assistance Scheme to further develop your career.
- … And a lot more!