3D Animator (Freelance)
3 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
We're looking for a highly collaborative, passionate and skilled all-round 3D Animator for a period of three months,starting 23 February till the 23rd of May, that can support us with both AAA-Quality Character Animation and Environment Animations. The successful 3D Animator candidate will be able to concept, animate and dive into the engine’s tools and pipelines in collaboration with the Game Director and Game Designers.
- Create in-game animations that seamlessly blend with the animations of other team members
- Create 3D character animations based off motion capture and reference to create highly believable animations
- Partner with various disciplines to create a cohesive experience in our games
- Work in a collaborative environment where feedback and direction are welcomed
- Produce quality animations on time while respecting and supporting the game vision and animation goals
Competencies, Skills & Knowledge:
- Communicates with directness and is adept at conflict resolution
- High standards of respect and values strong teamwork
- Adapts swimmingly to changing circumstances
- Positive thinker with an ambitious drive towards quality and success
- Proficiency animating 3D characters in Maya
- Must be skilled in both cinematic and in-game animation
- Comfortable in both key frame and motion-capture animation
- Able to maintain consistent style throughout project and maintain the target aesthetic
- Excellent attention to detail, with awareness of areas to compromise for best overall results
- 1(+) years experience in the game development industry
- Bachelor degree or higher in Game Art or Game Development
Portfolio submission is required for this position. Please focus this portfolio on personal contributions to your projects. Please include a breakdown specifying what you were directly responsible for creating. Considered portfolios should include the following:
1-2 best example of a 3D Character Animation
1-2 best examples of your work in video format
- Experience with the creation of animation trees and real-time animation blending (AnimGraphs)
- Basic understanding of all areas of character creation (mesh, texturing, skinning, rigging)
- Interest in the technical aspects of AAA game development
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
For more information about our benefits, please visit our Careers site.