3C Game Designer (Mid/Senior/Lead)
14 days agoIO Interactive is embarking on a new journey - into the world of emergent multi-player on a unique unannounced project that we believe will shape the future for years to come of both our studio and the relationships we’ve built with our players. When it comes to designing this new console project, we are seeking a Game Designer who is passionate and experienced with multiplayer gameplay, and able to focus on hands-on implementation.
With a strong studio culture dedicated to high quality of life, supported by transparent communication and supportive engagement with our team members, we are seeking individuals who can see the vision and take the leap on this new adventure that promises to deliver a one-of-a-kind gameplay experience for players. Our world-class locations in Copenhagen, Malmo, and Barcelona offer flexibility, superior benefits, and a high commitment and respect to the individual.
As a game designer, you should thrive when driving world-class gameplay alongside your team and you are passionate about fast-paced 3C gameplay and recognize when a game feels responsive and nice.
You will have thorough attention to detail and interdisciplinary collaboration with for example other leads, disciplines, and directors – putting you front and center for making things happen.
Your systemic thinking allows you to see patterns and create models that will handle the complex world of AAA game development with multiple partners and a lot of creative and talented minds. Your experience with the full cycle game development process enables you to trust your instinct and guide your team along the ever-changing road that is AAA development and guide us to success with our newest endeavor.
What you will do
Who you are
- Collaborate with the directors, programmers, and other designers in executing the overall vision of the game
- Ensure that the gameplay properly fits the game design requirements.
- Creating gameplay and menu flowcharts as documentation and means of conveying your design ideas
- Use IOI’s proprietary tools prototyping and setting up gameplay and scripted events, displaying the intended operation of the fully working game systems
- Create new gameplay systems while balancing and fine-tuning existing core gameplay features
- Support level design in the production of game worlds with features and interactions
- Work on rules for reward systems, progression, game achievements, leaderboards unlock-able content, etc.
- Own areas of special expertise within the game design domain in agreement with leads and game management (E.g. 3Cs, core gameplay, AI, online features, menus, multiplayer, etc.)
It would be great if you had
- Accomplished game designer with experience working in the video games industry
- Experience using level/world editing and scripting tools
- Good at working in a team and working with direction
- Analytically minded and organized. Has a good understanding of what it takes to go from initial concept to a full, fun and functional game experiences
- Adept at combining rules, constraints into challenging and engaging gameplay
- Able to look past immediate technical constraints and work solution oriented
- Self-motivated towards solving creative problems and technical challenges
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
- A deep passion and enthusiasm for making and playing games, and a good understanding of the competitive landscape
Who we are:
- Strong experience with 3Cs
- Relevant design education
- Work showcases (E. g. in published games, on personal website or on YouTube).
- Distributed levels in the fan/mod community
We don’t just work – we have fun doing it while we also celebrate milestones and take the time to look around and give some well-deserved kudos.
We welcome you to join our studio which is our friendly haven and of which we are so proud to call our studio. We encourage, listen and value each of our employees' efforts and recognize the impact everyone brings to our projects and our studio culture, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that.
We are also highly international, with over 28 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen and Malmö offices.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps.
We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same.
The position is open in our Malmö office and we welcome candidates from all over the world.
If you have any questions at all, please reach out to Kasper at firstname.lastname@example.org. - I am looking forward to hearing from you!