2D Artist Generalist
11 days ago
2D ARTIST GENERALIST
We are looking for a talented and well-rounded visual artist to support our Art department. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a marketing environment, leveraging different design styles to create a wide range of compelling design solutions across multiple mediums, including but not limited to - UX flows, UI layouts, Promo Creatives, Logos, Game Assets, and more - all supported by clean concept art and high-end design solutions.
This designer should be a visual storyteller, experienced in communicating visually - by presenting information in a compelling way that grabs the audience’s eye and interest across marketing channels. Our day to day consists in creating and manipulating art assets into polished banners, used in a wide range of mediums, in different formats and aspect ratios.
We are looking for someone flexible and versatile, that enjoys working on a variety of different projects while being able to manage overlapping deadlines. Prior experience with creating attractive layouts and designs is a requirement!
This is a full-time position, please apply only if you have the right to work in Europe and Portugal.
- Create 2D Illustrations with ease, from concept to final art, with art styles ranging from cartoon to digital realistic;
- At ease with Communication Design, to create engaging banners, pop- ups and design novel ways to serve digital products to mobile users;
- Create and manage clear and visually compelling designs and layouts for promotions and campaigns;
- Manipulate image composition and perform overpaints and style refinement to enhance final creatives;
- Create functional and attractive layouts / designs for our game promotional offers;
- Ensure the integrity of the brand with attention to detail and quality of craftsmanship;
- Follow good design practices on the layouts and compositions of our promotional art;
- Provide major assets to all key projects and ensure delivery fits deadlines;
- Present, review and iterate designs together with the team’s Art Lead on a regular basis;
- Timely delivery of assets to the production pipeline within Miniclip;
- Create a wide variety of art ranging from environments, characters, banners, concepts, game props and some visual animated effects;
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience as a Digital Artist;
- Experience working on promotional campaigns;
- Ability to analyse and adapt to different digital art styles;
- Good levels of creativity, with the ability to generate innovative concepts, designs, and ideas;
- A solid understanding of brand, colour, typography and design principles is required for this position;
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio;
- Good eye for composition, contrast, and colour;
- Creative flair, versatility, conceptual / visual ability, and originality;
- Accurate and with attention to detail;
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator;
- Solid understanding of Design / Marketing core principles;
- Basic understanding of current mobile game trends is desirable;
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with some priority shifts;
- Able to work well in a collaborative team environment, and within an iterative design process;
- Ability to interact, communicate, and present ideas clearly;
- Professionalism regarding time and deadlines;
- Respectful and with a professional attitude;
Valued Extras (NOT mandatory)
- Video edition and composition.
- CC After Effects.
- VRay / Keyshot / Max.
- 3D Compositing / Modelling / Texturing / Materials / Rendering.
- After Effects / Spine / Animation
- Knowledge and passion for mobile games;
- Experience working in marketing agency or mobile game industry;
- Passion for video games, movies, graphic novels, science fiction, and other elements of pop culture;
- Experience with digital photography;
To apply please send your CV, Portfolio and a cover letter in English.
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan Studio in Lisbon with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events. We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that’s why there is a games area, fridge with complimentary drinks, snacks and fruit for all staff.
We also have a fantastic benefits package which includes comprehensive medical cover, gym membership, sport activities, as mental health activities, local discount packs, language lessons and time-off for voluntary work.
About the company:
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of unleashing the gamer in everyone. The Company develops, publishes, and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 200 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads. As of April 2020, Miniclip has more than 60 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past two years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip has been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) to the Miniclip Group.