2D Game Artist (Casual Mobile Games)
10 days ago
PeopleFun is a rapidly growing studio where development teams thrive on collaboration, creativity, teamwork and fun. Our mission is to create the best family-friendly casual games in mobile and have a great time doing it! Our current games are played by over 25 million players each month and include Wordscapes, the #1 word game of 2018.
PeopleFun seeks a multitalented 2D, Mobile Game Artist who can create concepts, illustrations, in-game art and UI. You will work in small teams alongside industry veterans to create stunning visuals and intuitive user interfaces. You’ll work on existing game features and new projects while designing player experiences that elevate our games to the next level.
- Translate game concepts into fully realized games which bring your vision to life
- Rapidly generate conceptual ideas -- then change gears, slowing down to polish assets to release quality
- Create 2d assets, effects, animations and characters. The UI piece is VERY important.
- Cross discipline collaboration from initial concept through execution and release
- Work with art directors to create a vision for our creative projects across the team
- Create a seamless gameplay experience for existing and new players using buttons, icons, widgets and other UI elements that represent the brand and the game’s established artistry
- Improve gameplay designs and user interactions by creating or improving wireframes, style guides and user flows
- 3 years prior professional experience as an artist developing mobile games
- Excellent conceptual and graphic design skills with a focus on clarity and usability and a proven track record of artistic adaptability
- Highly collaborative. Experience working with other artists and can lead on team projects
- You take initiative and will help lead a creative vision, understanding that creating great experiences is a team effort
- Expert level UI/UX design and animation ability, as it pertains to games
- A strong understanding of color theory, composition and animation
- A passionate, performance-driven self-starter
- MUST have a portfolio with work samples that illustrate your expertise in the craft.
- Passion for games
- Experience rapid prototyping
- EXPERT with UI design trends and best practices
- Proficient in user flow, graphic user interface and layout
- Competitive compensation package
- Performance bonuses
- 401K with 3% employer matching
- Family friendly culture
- Flex PTO policy
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- On-site gym and free Yoga classes
- $1,000 annual game device and IAP budget
- Free drinks & snacks, catered lunch on Fridays
- Happy hours, social events and more
PeopleFun is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.