This job might no longer be available.
Senior Game Artist (Casual Mobile Games)
7 months ago
PeopleFun is a rapidly growing studio where development teams thrive on collaboration, creativity, teamwork and fun. Our mission is to create the best family-friendly casual games in the mobile market, and have a great time doing it! Our current games are played by over 25 million players each month and include Wordscapes, the #1 word game of 2018. According to App Annie, PeopleFun was named among the top 25 publishers for iOS and Google Play headquartered in the US based on revenue… and there are under 75 employees!
PeopleFun seeks a multitalented Mobile Sr. Game Artist who has a passion for games, especially in the casual/mobile space, who has an absolute mastery of Unity. This position requires someone with a wide range of artistic ability to maximize their effectiveness to solve creative and complex problems. This artist will specialize in conceptualizing, creating animations, FX, and Motion Graphics used for prototyping and communicating ideas. It’s also very likely that you have strengths in more of the Technical and implementation sides of art, and having the ability to quickly put things into the engine. Additionally, you’ll work on existing game features and new projects while helping to design endearing player experiences that elevate our games to the next level. You will be an integral part of the pipeline, and should be able to independently design, execute, and make your personal, (as well as other artists,) assets work in the game. You will be surrounded by passionate people who will challenge you to become an even better game developer every day.
- Ability to quickly interpret design ideas into rough concepts and eventually into motion graphics and playable prototypes, that can eventually become fully realized gameplay sequences.
- Rapidly generate rough conceptual ideas, and quickly iterate and collaborate with the team. Then have the ability to change gears, slowing down to polish assets to a ‘Best-in-Class’ release quality
- Cross discipline collaboration from initial concept through prototype and release
- Ability to work with internal, an external, artists
- Supports team in game design, working closely with programmers, community and everyone else on a tightly knit game team
- Generally just nails 2D, 3D and/or UI art for mobile games
- 5 years prior professional experience as an artist developing games (Preferably Mobile Games)
- Excellent Technical abilities in Unity, and ability to creatively solve problems while ultimately pushing the design forward.
- Highly collaborative. Experience working with other artists and can potentially take the lead on strike teams, features, or even projects
- Take initiative and will help create and maintain a vision for a game, understanding that following through with memorable game experiences is a team effort
- A passionate, performance-driven self-starter
- Strong 2d skills, but a mastery of showing ideas, and sketching out and clearly communicating a wide range of possibilities
- Experienced in creating Moodboards, Style guides, Brand guidelines & other necessary documentation
- Be passionate, and love the games you are helping to create. Understand the market and the broad audience that we are reaching with PeopleFun games, and be able to create artwork that continues to grow and evolve in that space.
- Understanding of art pipelines and how to implement art into the Unity Engine.
- Actively seeks out additional ways to learn and grow.
- Flexible, and adaptable to changing and evolving needs of a live products
- MUST have a portfolio with work samples that illustrate your expertise in your craft, and have shipped quality games in the mobile space.
- Graphic Design background- in addition to working on new and exciting games in the casual mobile space, we also continue to support our variety of Word games on the market.
- Interest in player behavior and player experience, with a Solid understanding of usability, UX, UI, interactive design
- Deep mobile market knowledge
- 3d skills in 3dmax/ Maya or similar 3d software
- Competitive compensation package
- Performance bonuses
- 401K with 3% employer matching
- Family friendly culture
- Flex PTO policy
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- On-site gym and free Yoga classes
- $1,000 annual game device and IAP budget
- Free drinks & snacks, catered lunch on Fridays
- Happy hours, social events and more
PeopleFun is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.