This job might no longer be available.
15 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
The 2D Artist will be responsible for developing high quality artwork and production quality game assets for Disney Emoji Blitz. This unique position requires a creative, talented and motivated individual to collaborate with multiple disciplines to help create content and features for the hit game Disney Emoji Blitz!
To successfully execute the role, this person will provide visual designs for characters, props, and new features (including UI) to help communicate gameplay and continue to grow the Disney Emoji franchise. The candidate will support the development team with vector art asset production as well as provide exciting visuals to help market our products.
As a 2D Artist, the candidate will be involved in all aspects of internal game development, from brainstorms and pre-production to content releases for live operations. The candidate will partner with the Art Director and Project Art Lead to define the most appropriate tools, methods and approaches for each project. This person will also work directly with engineers to ensure their artwork is accurately and consistently represented in game, as well as optimized for the needs of our game’s performance. The ideal candidate is a creative, talented and motivated individual eager to learn, contribute and grow their skills.
- Build and create vector art game assets up to the high standards set by the style of the product.
- Design various characters, environments, UI Assets and props that can fit seamlessly with our established look.
- Work within existing UI systems to help develop new features.
- Build and create game assets up to the standards set by product style guides.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to ensure consistency of art across multiple devices.
- Review assets made for the game and provide high quality notes and draw overs to help others maintain the visual bar and brand of Emoji Blitz.
- Provide concepts and storyboards for in-development game mechanics and features.
- Assist production with decks and presentations.
- Participate in visual critiques and brainstorms.
- Research industry standards and develop new techniques and workflows.
- BA/BFA degree Illustration, Animation or Entertainment Arts or equivalent training or work experience.
- 2-5 years of production experience on mobile games.
- Excellent Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop Skills.
- Solid understanding of art and visual design principles.
- Excellent project planning and organization skills, attention to detail, ability to solve creative problems.
- Understanding of mobile gaming, able speak confidently about current games on the market.
- Team player who understands the value of regular and effective communication.
- Affinity for Disney/PixarPassion for video games a must!A portfolio of work required
NICE TO HAVE
- Previous experience with animation motion graphics, and particle effects.
- Git / Perforce or equivalent source control experience.
- Experience working in Unity.
- Experience working with vendors.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.