7 days ago
From the beginning of your journey with us you will:
- Create 2D art assets for mobile platforms while maintaining and pushing Gameloft’s high quality standards.
- Report to the Lead 2D Artist for tasks, revisions, workflows, training and creative ideas.
- Take full ownership of your tasks, including but not limited to:
- Creating 2D art assets following an established style, palette and templating convention.
- Researching, reviewing and presenting concepts for new features and assets.
- Work with the production artists, designers and developers to ensure that 2D assets are always game ready.
- Testing and fixing your work in the build.
- Communicating tasks updates to your lead/supervisor, updating the status of your Jira tasks and committing files in a timely manner.
- Proactively communicate and coordinate tasks with the team members before and after you in the content pipeline (in person/chat/email).
- Work on multiple tasks with overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate creativity, adaptability to different game and graphic styles.
- Participate in art reviews and suggest creative ideas and solutions.
- Learn and apply artistic/IP/licensing guidelines.
- Execute clients’ (licensor/lead/supervisor) revisions on spec and on time.
- Playtest and be familiar with the game.
- Be punctual and attend stand-ups, sprint planning, team and art review meetings.
- Be a team player, be professional and always act in the best interest of the organization.
- You possess 3-7 years of experience as a 2D Artist, preferably in the mobile or video game industry.
- You have completed a degree or diploma program in illustration, classical animation or an equivalent academic art program.
- You have experience with Unity and an understanding of the Unity Workflow.
- You possess an updated environmental portfolio showcasing a wide range of stylized 2D art, demonstrating a solid understanding of composition, posing, rendering, colour theory and perspective with a focus on polished execution and traditional rendering techniques.
- You have exceptional illustration and design skills; you are passionate about 2D art and all things game-related.
- You have in-depth knowledge of 2D DCC applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
- You have excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills; you are proactive and capable of working under minimal supervision.
- You are professionally and personally driven: you boldly embrace change and are always willing to grow and learn new things.
- You have experience with Blender, 3DS Max and knowledge of other 3D DCC applications is an asset.
What we offer:
- Hybrid approach to work to give you work-life balance
- Flexible working hours to suit your schedule
- 3 weeks of vacation for work-life-balance
- 7 annual personal days
- AnnualHealthcare and Lifestyle spending account
- Health insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program; because sometimes we need a helping hand
- Social Club events with awesome prizes and giveaways
- RRSP matching program
- Mentorship program and training subsidies to help you strengthen your skills or learn something new
- Dog-friendly studio
- Relocation assistance for those who are joining our team from abroad
Why join the Gameloft universe?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
- Please submit your CV and portfolio.
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.
Gameloft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment. Gameloft Toronto welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Are You Looking for a Great Place to Work? #Jointhegame
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.