2D Artist (Creative Agency Team)
18 days ago
As amember of the Gameloft Creative Agency, the 2D Artist will report to the Creative Agency Leadwhile meeting the needs of the marketing team. You will play a critical role in helping the Toronto studio create world-class imagery and increase brand awareness for hit games and franchises including Disney Magic Kingdoms which was created in this studio.
From the beginning of your journey with us you will:
- Retouch 2D and 3D images, with a focus on rendering polish and manipulating image composition
- Process already-created assets and produce a wide range of formats in different specifications (resizes, re-layouts, localizations)
- Report to Creative Agency Lead for tasks, revisions, workflow, training and creative ideas.
- Take full ownership of your tasks, including but not limited to:
- Creating, staging and polishing 2D/3D pack art, logos and marketing assets following an established style, palette and templating convention.
- Work with the production artists, designers and developers to ensure that marketing assets are always game ready.
- Maintain and archive templates, working files and references.
- Work on multiple tasks with overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Participate in art reviews and suggest creative ideas and solutions.
- Learn and apply artistic/IP/licensing guidelines
- Execute client’s (licensor/lead/supervisor) revisions on spec and on time.
Up to date portfolio demonstrating a solid understanding of composition, posing, rendering, perspective and anatomy with a focus on polished execution and traditional rendering techniques.
- Exceptional illustration, layout, graphic design, logo creation and typography skills
- Knowledge of branding and marketing practices.
- In-depth knowledge of 2D applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
- Knowledge of 3D application and workflows (Blender, Eevee, etc, etc.) is an asset.
- Working knowledge of After Effect/Flash is a plus.
- Degree/Diploma in illustration / graphic design / classical animation or equivalent academic or professional experience.
This is a Staff Artist (intermediate level) position and requires 2+ years of professional studio experience as a 2D Production Artist/Marketing Artist.
What we offer:
- Work From Home wherever you are locatedfor an undetermined time due to the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Flexible working hours to suit your schedule
- 3 weeks’ vacation for work- life-balance
- Health insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program; because sometimes we need a helping hand
- Social Club events with awesome prizes and giveaways
- Mentorship program and Training Subsidies to help you strengthen your skills or learn something new
- Relocation assistance for those who are joining our team from abroad
Why join the Gameloft universe?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
- Please submit your CV, cover letter or portfolio (if applicable)
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.
Gameloft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment. Gameloft Toronto welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work? #Jointhegame
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.