This job might no longer be available.
2D Art Lead - Rainbow Six Siege
18 days ago
We are currently seeking a motivated and skilled Lead 2D Artist to be part of the Rainbow Six Team! If you have a passion for videogames and want to work in a friendly and international environment, come join our team!
As a member of a multidisciplinary development team, the Lead Artist will collaborate with the Assistant Art Director and Art Director, both located in Montreal, to establish artistic goals. The candidate will oversee closely the Concept and Texture art teams. The end goal is to coach our team members and validate production outcomes.
What you´ll do
- Validate if the produced asset matches the technical 2D requirements and project art direction.
- Support team members to grow their skills.
- Prioritize and assign tasks to team members.
- Responsible for the quality of the models and ensure that they are produced on time.
- Communicate with other Leads and team members.
- Provide reviews to the Associate Producer on the progress of the work carried out by the team.
- Define and follow-up Objectives and Key results (OKRs) for team members.
- Oversee the correction of the team’s bugs.
- Participate in performance follow-ups in collaboration with the Associate Producer.
- Be involved in the feature planning, scoping, and task creation.
What you´ll bring
- 2 to 4 years of experience in a Senior/Lead Artist role in the videogames industry.
- Ability to work in a team, with good leadership skills and to delegate work accordingly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with team members of different departments.
- Strong familiarity with character and props design.
- Drawing and texturing skills required.
- Good knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Substance Painter and Designer, After-Effects.
- Knowledge of general technical constraints of a video game engine
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of Art.
- Willingness to observe, absorb and modify own work based on many avenues of artistic criticism.
- Must be creative, detail oriented and able to handle the pressure.
- Passion for videogames and extensive knowledge of different game genres across all platforms.
- Ability to take direction well.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player.
- Share knowledge and open to learning from others.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Our studio is located in one of the most popular urban areas of Europe: Barcelona! We bet that you know Barcelona, either for its amazing architecture / monuments, famous nightlife, restaurants, super weather and beaches, culture or for it's great life quality.
Here in Barcelona, as well as in the studio, you will meet people from around the world, eat hundreds of different foods, play different sports, talk about art and history, share amazing life experience with creative, open-minded and dynamic people.
We encourage everyone to inspire the world and build the future! We promote a friendly, creative and passionate culture to develop the best AAA game and invest time in playing any type of games, if it’s together, even better!
Are you ready to join the Ubi family for your new challenge? We are already excited to meet you!
Benefits and Perks
- Restaurant Tickets: 120 € per month (1440€ net/Year).
- 25 working days of holidays and the day of your birthday.
- Flexible working hours & Flexible Friday.
- Work from home (Up to 60 % in a month under management validation).
- Beneficial Price to Sport activities and gym (app: Andjoy).
- Free Fruits and drinks in the Office.
- Breakfast on Monday in the Office.
- Free access to Ubisoft games on PC.
- Discounts for Ubisoft console games.
- Team Building events.
- Beneficial Price to a Health Care Insurance for you (and eventually to the members of your family).
- Access to tax discounts from your public transport and kindergarten costs.
- Relocation Assistance.
Ubisoft Barcelona is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnic group, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, age, marital status, disability or all the other characteristics that make us different. We've learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don't just welcome, but actively hire a range of open-minded people from different backgrounds.
We encourage you to provide
- CV in English (in respect of the EOE statement we don´t require personal information such as a picture, home address, ID number, etc.)
Ubisoft Barcelona has developed for over 20 years a strong expertise in the production of videogames from a large variety of genres and platforms. Our goal is to bring outstanding experiences to our players around the world. Our passion is innovation and using cutting-edge technology to deliver the unexpected.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Our teams are behind memorable AAA titles such as “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “Beyond Good & Evil 2”, “Assassin’s Creed Valhalla” … etc.