2D-3D Animator - (M/F)
Bordeaux Nouvelle-Aquitaine fr
12 days ago
Within the studio, you will be part of a mobile AAA project, working under the direct responsibility of the Lead Art and interacting closely with the Producer and the Artistic Director.
In collaboration with the rest of the artistic and technical teams, you will create object and character animations based on rigged 2D or 3D game models, with the goal of pushing the quality of the gameplay and cutscenes to the max.
For this purpose, you will be tasked with the following:
- Devising animation systems tailored to the game's needs by working with the team and the various other trades involved in order to anticipate in-game constraints.
- Rapidly establishing basic prototypes that will fuel and guide thinking on the animations and gameplay.
- Helping to evaluate the time needed to accomplish your tasks in collaboration with your Lead, and working within the allocated time frame for the scheduled deadlines.
- Creating high-quality animations in both realistic and cartoon styles: applying your knowledge of the keyframe animation principles, splitting and integrating the animations in a real-time engine, etc.
- Being able to optimize your pipeline to adhere to the real-time technical constraints, and implementing the requested changes to support the artistic direction.
- Reporting any animation problems encountered to your manager, and performing all other tasks that fall within the animator's scope.
- Documenting the system established, and being able to explain it to junior animators and newcomers to the team.
- Holder of a degree in 3D animation, you have some initial experience in video game production, ideally on cartoon and/or stylized animations
- In-depth knowledge of graphic tools, in particular 3dsMax and Biped
- Proficiency in one or more real-time engines similar to Unity
- Excellent understanding of movements in space
- Solid knowledge of setup and skinning
- Keen artistic sense and attention to detail
- Capacity to adapt, inquisitiveness and an open mind
- Ability to receive, request and give constructive criticism
We are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Opened in September 2017, Ubisoft Bordeaux is a French AAA Studio responsible for games such as Ghost Recon, Just Dance, Beyond Good & Evil, Steep and the Rabbids. Ubisoft Bordeaux already has more than 200 employees and works with the studios of Annecy, Montpellier and Paris.
In one of the most beautiful regions of France, less than an hour from the ocean and in the heart of the vineyards, the Ubisoft Bordeaux Studio is the ideal place to combine a demanding, creative and international work environment while enjoying an exceptional set of life.
In collaboration with Ubisoft Paris Mobile, Ubisoft Bordeaux is proud to participate in the development of a mobile game adapted from one of our biggest international AAA brands! Are you dreaming of taking part in this new challenge? We are currently looking for a 2D-3D animator: discover the missions below and join our mobile teams!