12m. Localisation Editor (German Language)
7 days ago
The Localisation Editor is a member of the editing team and works closely with the other Localisation editors, translators and project coordinators on all editorial facets of video games, and related materials (video game strategy guide, video game web site, etc.) in the Localisation Editor’s given language. This will include a high level of knowledge regarding native slang, phraseologies, and nuances of said language. This position is a 12-month Fixed-Term Contract.
- Editing of a wide variety of computer games-related material, such as in-game text, templates, packaging, press releases, and all other marketing materials in the language of expertise (German).
- Overseeing the QA process for all computer games and implement changes as needed by gaining a thorough knowledge of any computer game being localised in house.
- Editing of grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, and language-specific slang in the language of expertise.
- Ensuring consistency regarding the use of terminology and style in the language of expertise.
- Reviewing, revising, and proofing all video game related contents.
- Leading and supporting projects as required.
- Collaborating with other languages in order to keep high level of standards/quality across all languages.
- Supporting translators and coordinators as required.
- Regular reporting of progress to in-house management.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Preferably two years' experience publishing under regular deadlines, and the demonstrated ability to edit, revise, or rewrite in their localisation language while handling multiple tasks in an organized manner.
- Must be detail-oriented with proven ability to multi-task various projects at the same time.
- Must be a team worker.
- Native level language skill of German language and fluent English language skill is required.
- Knowledge of local culture for language of expertise is required.
- Previous experience in the gaming industry is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing specialized technical programs to edit files is essential.
- Experience with Word and Excel is required and ability to learn new programs is essential.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure with unpredictable schedules and tight deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline is required or equivalent years of work experience.
- All selected applicants will need to take a 3 to 4-hour aptitude test to measure their skills as part of the interview process.
- TPCi is a standard office work environment. Height adjustable workstations, adjustable chairs and monitor stands are provided for all employees.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required for key initiatives.
What to Expect:
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Candidates will either need the right to work in the UK or dependent on the job role the company may be able to arrange a VISA.