17 days ago
We are looking for a 3D Аnimator to join our small but experienced animation team and help by delivering both final quality animation for the game and quick block-outs for prototypes. The perfect candidate would be experienced in hand key animation and would not be afraid to do some simple rigging and skinning in 3DS Max.
- Conceptualize and execute high quality animations, in accordance with the artistic direction of the game, to be used as real time game assets
- Prepare and export the animation assets to the editor, support designers and programmers in the integration process
- Prepare characters for animating - skinning to a predefined bipedal structure and/or simple props or limb add-ons
- Work collaboratively with the Art, Design, VFX and Engineering departments to ensure all artistic and technical constraints are respected
- Plan own time in order to meet deadlines, accounting for everything the process includes - concept phase, reviews and iterations, technical setup, export, testing, etc.
- Participate in planning and review team meetings
- Regularly inform the stakeholders of current status and potential risks/delays
- Work in an agile environment
- Solid skill in animating the human bipedal figure as well as other organic forms
- Good understanding of traditional animation principles and how they can be used to enhance gameplay
- At least 2 years of experience / one shipped title in game development animating characters using 3DS Max will be considered a plus
- An eye for detail and a desire to push quality as high as possible
- Well-organized and proactive
- Ability to iterate quickly and often in order to hit technical or design goals without sacrificing quality
- Able to take and interpret direction and constructive feedback to improve the quality of own work
- Ability to create basic rigs and skinning or willingness to learn is desirable
- Some experience in facial animation or willingness to learn is desirable
- Experience with game editors is a plus
- Exposure to agile methodologies will be considered a plus
Why Join Gameloft?
- You want to work in an exceptional industry and create games downloaded more than 1 billion times per year.
- You want to be part of a talented and supportive team of pioneers who have a passion for creating video games.
- You want to contribute to a vibrant and dynamic atmosphere.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world.
- You will work on a permanent contract with competitive remuneration and benefits package.
- You are looking for a fun place to work in the heart of the city.
If you are interested in our job offer, please send a CV and demo reel or any other means of demonstrating your work. Applications will be processed in confidentiality.
Join The Game!
Leader in the development and publishing of games, Gameloft® has established itself as a pioneer in the industry, creating innovative gaming experiences for over 20 years. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, from mobile to cross-platform titles for PC and consoles. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Dragon Mania Legends, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including LEGO®, Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel®, Lamborghini®, and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 3,600 people worldwide. Every month, 55 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft for brands, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.